Thursday 14 February 2013

MY Lord, my King, my Valentine, my Everything



I don’t remember the day I was born, but You do. I don’t remember my first birthday, but You do. I don’t remember what I wore the day I asked You to be my Everything, but You do. I don’t even remember the exact time I woke up yesterday, or how long it took me to get ready, but You do. I don’t know how many strands of hair I have on my head, but You do. I don’t know how much I weight right now, but You do.

I’m not perfect. Most times I knowingly disobey You because I’m fearful. More often than I should, I let unimportant things and people get in the way of us. I prioritise selfishly, putting my needs, my desires, and my wants before You.

You say, beautiful daughter of mine, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of my hands. The walls you’re rebuilding are never out of my sight. How can You love me? Perfect as You are, righteous in all Your ways, Sovereign God, perfect in all Your ways, right in all You do. Faithful when I am faithless. Unchanging when I am tossed about by this storm and that. You, who are merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. All have sinned and fall short of my glory, I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate you from My love in Christ Jesus. You remind me of the sacrifice of Your son, made while I was still drenched in sin. Your love is not a function of who I am or what I do, but on whom You are. You love me because You decided to, for You and not for me. Not because I am perfect, we both know I’m not. I am for you. Who can be against You?

Sometimes I get scared- things aren’t going the way they should, I get confused and don’t know what to say or do. I have not given you the spirit of fear, but of power love and a sound mind. Trust in me with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek My will in all you do, and I will show you which path to take. My Spirit is right alongside helping you along. If you don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does your praying in and for you, making prayer out of your wordless sighs, your aching groans. He knows you far better than you know yourself, knows your pregnant condition, and keeps you present before Me. That’s why you can be so sure that every detail in your life of love for God is worked into something good.

Thank You Lord for the sacrifice of Your only son. Thank You for this love of Yours that never, no not ever fails. Thank You for never ever leaving me. For taking me through the fire and the water, making me stronger, better and more like You with each passing day. Thank You for healing, for provision, protection, grace and mercy. You have seen me through so much; Your strength is constantly made perfect in my weakness. When I am hungry You feed me. Broken, you heal me. Lost, you gently bring me back to You. Confused, You direct me. There is none that compares with You, my Everything. You are the source of my strength, the strength of my life, the solid  rock on which I stand, the author and finisher of my faith, the pillar that hold this life of mine together. There is nothing I have that didn’t come from You. These hands of mine that You have blessed so much I lift in praise to You. Holy are You Lord almighty. Perfect is all that You do. Thank You for this constant, unshakeable love of Yours. There is nothing that compares to it; not even the comfort of bread (lol and You know I LOVE bread! You know EVERYTHING about me even things I don’t know).

You blow my mind with the songs You put on my lips. Your testimonies in my life leave me speechless. Who is there in heaven, on earth or even under it that dares compare with You? I know I’m not where You want me to be, but I’m not where I used to be either- and that’s all thanks to YOU. No one will share Your glory; take it ALL Lord.

We are on our way. Thank You, thank You, Thank You.....for EVERYTHING for this love of Yours that I can never get rid of, even if I wanted to (errr which I don’t oh).



So my Lord, my King, My Lover, my Valentine.....happy valentine to You oh Lover of my soul.

Love now and forever
The one You call precious

Ezer
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment