Thursday 28 February 2013

Self Esteem - The Beginning


It’s been a while since I read a book – not since last year actually. I’ve been soooo busy with one thing or the other that I’ve barely had the time. But I have repented of my ways and I’m back on track with my “One book a month” commitment.

In November last year, in my post Knock, knock please let me in!!!! I mentioned the book I am currently reading. It’s titled The New Building Your Mates Self- Esteem by Dr Dennis Rainey . I ordered 2 copies of the book from Amazon then, but due to some issues one of which is the fact that I live in Nigeria, I only received the books a few days ago- I’m actually glad they came late, or rather, they came just in time for me to read as I’m just getting back into reading. If they had arrived as expected in December, they’d likely be gathering dust somewhere – like the dozens of other books I have on my waiting list. So a quick shout out to God, Who ensures everything, does work out for my good.
                   
                                          

Some of you may have caught on to the fact that I ordered 2 copy’s- yep, yep. One for me and one for you silly! Yes, one lucky person is going to receive a free copy at no expense to him/ her- I’ll tell you a bit about that in a bit.

Even though it’s supposed to be my book for March, I actually started reading it about 2 days ago, and I’m in love with it already. The objective of the book is to build marriages (relationships) and not minds, there’s no point having all the knowledge if you do not apply it - a quote (from the book) that illustrates this point:

“The object of Bible Study is changed lives. The Christian world is suffering from a deficiency of Vitamin A- Application”
Dr. Howard G. Hendricks
Dallas Theological Seminary

In my opinion one of the major problems couples face in their relationships is a fear of rejection. If your partner sees rejection or any lack of acceptance, the result will be fear- and fear is one of the most powerful motivational forces today. If you want to see your partners self image strengthened, then you need to recognize that the fear of rejection is your enemy.

1 John 4:18a (AMP) “There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment “

The book talks about how fear will begin to dissolve in your partner under a steady stream of authentic love- that accepts and embraces another even in his/ her weakness - Your attitude can either fuel or kill the fear.

I really think it’s a book for every shelf, that’s why I want to share it with someone - I’ll put up how you can get your hands on the free copy tomorrow- till then......

Love

Ezer
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment