Wednesday 9 July 2014

Traffic of Life

This is so irritating, I thought to myself as I sped the short distance to the gate. I honked the horn about 3 times then got out of the car to open the gate myself. I’ll have to have a word with him when I get back home tonight, he knows I leave the house before 6.30am, he should be ready and waiting. I shouldn’t have to be the one to open the gate for myself I thought as I rushed back into the car. This little activity had set me back a minute, which equates to at least 10mins in Lagos traffic.

I was right. The express was blocked! What to do? What to do? What to do? I seemed to be all out of options, but I felt a leading to take the service lane, which looked even more
blocked, with people trying to get into it and others trying to get out. It was almost a grid lock type situation. It made the express look like....well look like an express.

                                    

Hmmm this is real walking by faith oh I though as I swung out from behind the truck in front of me and tried to squeeze my way into the service lane. By the time I got “settled in” the truck that was in front of me on the express was a few cars ahead. Hmmm this service lane thing doesn’t look like a good idea oh. Maybe I should have stayed on the express lane. Well it’s not too late, maybe I should go back. The truck maintained a steady lead until it began to climb the bridge. In the blink of an eye I’d somehow managed to catch up with and overtake the truck and by the time I got to the bridge leading to my office, the truck was so far back it was barely visible in my rear-view mirror.

*************

Proverbs 14:12-13 There's a way of life that looks harmless enough; look again (with your spiritual eyes- emphasis mine)—it leads straight to hell. Sure, those people appear to be having a good time, but all that laughter will end in heartbreak.

Sometimes others seem to be way ahead of you, but as long as you are obedient to the leading of the Spirit, your victory is assured. Today chose to walk by faith, faith alone. God knows what He is doing.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment