Monday 12 March 2012

The Power of a praying Woman


I’ve been putting off writing this particular post- well not ‘this’ one in particular, just one on prayer. I don’t know if any of you have ever felt like prayer was....well a bit difficult. For me, it was (and in some ways still is) - in the sense that I often found it hard to keep the momentum going. When I got into it, I really got into it, but when I wasn’t in that zone, it was definitely a big challenge.

I know prayer is a conversation with God. I know it’s not all about getting on your knees with your hand clasped in front of you, I know it can be done anywhere, anytime , I know, I know, I know - but all that ‘knowing’ didn’t help one bit.

I don’t know what your issue is, but in the past, I found that there had to be that challenging situation that would push me to prayer, and that drive would usually sustain me for a bit longer after the challenge/ situation had passed. Don’t get me wrong, I prayed - but just not at a level I thought I should be at based on how mature I’d become in my walk with Christ.

They say the first step to solving a problem is to actually identify what the problem is (that is, after you have admitted there’s one in the first place). Simply put, mine was laziness and indiscipline. I liked the 5mins here; 10mins there type of prayers, but found the longer more in-depth ones more challenging. I’d spend ages in praise because by His grace, that was one thing that came easy to me, and focused more on Him that it did me- and wow did/ do I have a lot to praise Him for! .....ok I digress.

I got myself ‘The Power of a praying Woman’ bible a while back,

The Power of a Praying® Woman Bible: Prayer and Study Helps by Stormie Omartianand I must confess its fantastic! It’s blessed me in ways I cannot even begin to describe (and I haven’t even had it that long). So now dear friends, I invite you to take this journey with me, as I share resources and my experiences with you on my journey to a better and more healthy prayer life.

May His word be a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.

Blessings.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment