Wednesday 3 July 2013

Who has the final say?

I'm on a roll this morning! And no I’m not trying to bribe any one for my absence. I should actually have started with an apology/ explanation (which will come soon) however I feel its best I get the Word out before I grovel and beg for forgiveness.

So yesterday after work I went to church, for those who work in V.I and are trying to get to Oregun, you understand what a nightmare that can be. But alas, my awesome God got me there in good time and no it wasn't because I was bombarding Him with "Lord please get me there in time" prayers. Ok well maybe it was. Sha, sha whatever the reason was, I got to the car park 30 mins into the start of the programme.

However, just as I pulled in, a bus was pulling out (the actual church is a bit of a walk from the car park we use, so the church provides buses to transport us there). 

Anyhoo, I parked, and made my way to the queue to wait for the next bus, which thank God pulled in less than 5 or so mins after the one I missed. I was glad when we boarded the bus, a feeling which quickly disappeared once the driver got out- there were only about 6-7 of us on the bus, so he had to wait for more people (that hadn’t even arrived at the car park oh!!!) or the next bus to arrive. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw another bus by the gate, surely now we can go. But the driver of our bus didn't seem to be making any moves. And 3mins later I knew why- none of the cars outside had moved. The traffic was so bad that this second bus couldn't even turn into the compound because the car blocking the gate hadn't moved in ages.

That was when I decided to walk. I hopped out of the bus and hurriedly made my way to church. I tell you now, I wasn't prepared for what I saw when I got to the road. The bus that pulled out when I was just getting to the car park was maybe only 5 meters from the gate! Yes! The traffic was that bad!!

I over took the bus. The bus that I so desperately wanted to get on probably got to church 10 mins after I did!

What's the moral of this story? Well ....Proverbs 14:12-13 There's a way of life that looks harmless enough; look again (with your spiritual eyes- emphasis mine)—it leads straight to hell. Sure, those people appear to be having a good time, but all that laughter will end in heartbreak.

And no! I am not saying the people on that bus were going to hell, but that sometimes we see what's happening to others and we get jealous. We may have prayed for ages and all the things we've prayed about seem to be happening to everyone else, while we are 10 kg lighter due to the fast that we always seem to be doing. BUT! Oh yes, that blessed but! We serve a God who is able to compress years into months. That bus left the stop before I did, and under normal circumstances was maybe 7 mins ahead of me, yet I overtook it by walking! Imagine! My feet overtook a bus!!!

I’m still in awe of He who is able to do exceedingly more than I can ever ask or think. He indeed has the final say. Hallelujah.

Agbani Lagbatan
That is His name


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment