Monday 1 October 2012

Spirit breakout


Right now, right this moment, I'm looking across the garden and watching my husband-the love of my life, the only man I've ever loved roll around our freshly mowed lawn with our 2 beautiful children. God has blessed our ministry and our businesses, the kids are doing exceptionally well in school- what more can I ask for?

So in my usual fashion, with my heart overwhelmed with joy, I’m asking God the same question I've been asking Him for years.

”Lord, who am I that You are mindful of me”

 He’s just given me the same answer He’s been giving me for years

“I have loved you with an everlasting love”.

But you should know, it hasn't always been like this, I haven’t always felt this way. I haven’t always known this peace; once upon a time this joy was alien to me and crippling fear was my constant companion. You see most of my life; I battled sexual & emotional abuse, insecurity & rejection, emotional instability and numerous health issues. But  today, as I lay here, safe in the shadow of His wings thinking about what I've been through and where I am now, I’d say I have a lot to be thankful for. But hey, that’s just me- you may have a different opinion.

My name is Ruth Davids and this is my story.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment